My name is Heather Adkins. I am an author and interior book designer. I’ve owned and operated CyberWitch Press, LLC since 2011. In that time, I’ve formatted over four hundred books in various formats. I work for New York Times Bestsellers, small publishing companies, and for brand new indies just starting out in publishing.
This is a quick run-down of what I offer and what has changed for 2015.
*Please do not send me anything but the absolute final file for your book. I will NO LONGER make typo changes for free during the formatting process for new or existing clients. Authors seem to be getting lax in their proofreading. When your book reaches the formatter – whether it’s me or someone else – it should be the FINAL file. Every typo change requested during formatting will cost $1. Each.
I understand that sometimes it is easier to catch typos in ebook form rather than in a word processor, which is why I offer a quick and dirty conversion to mobi or epub strictly for your proofreading benefit.
* I do not format for nonfiction. Period. No exceptions. Don’t email me trying to change my mind because the answer will still be no. Please visit the talented folks at 52novels.com or booknook.biz for your nonfiction needs.
* I have a standard two week quote time from the day I receive the file. I do not schedule files; it is first-come, first-served. If you need your book done faster, I may be able to do it, just ask — but I do charge a rush fee for anything less than two weeks.
*I format for Kindle, epub (Nook, iTunes, Kobo), Smashwords, and print (Createspace) — I also offer what I call “fancy formatting” which uses chapter glyphs, images, and drop caps for an extra fee. My mobi and epub files are formatted in XHTML NOT in a word processor.
*I will not code fonts into your ebooks. I am strongly against it due to the limitations of ereaders and what it means for the person who owns the ereader. There are other formatters out there who will.
* I offer PROOFREADING on a very, very limited basis — find rates here
I now offer BUDGET FORMATTING.
Now, below, a quick glance at my rates for STANDARD length novels — further information, and rates for books under 30k and over 75k, can be found on each of the separate rate pages.
If you need a formatter and you can’t afford these rates, just email me! I am very much willing to work with people who want a professionally formatted book, but can’t pay standard rates.
For novels under 75 thousand words:
- mobi AND epub — $120
- ONLY mobi — $65
- ONLY epub — $65
For novels under 75 thou words: $75
Createspace for UNDER 70 thou — $75
Kindle, epub, Smashwords, Createspace, PDF
The Full Package for books UNDER 75 thou words:
- Mobi/Epub = $120
- Smashwords = $75
- Createspace = $75
- Free PDF
- + 10% discount
- TOTAL = $245
- If you don’t need a Createspace, it’s a total of $195
* If your book is over 140k words, it is an extra $40 for substantial length (no matter what formats I’m doing–one, or all four.)
* I reserve the right to charge extra if formatting change requests get out of hand during the formatting process. I also reserve the right to step away from any job for any reason before payment has been received.