Lots has happened in the world of the CyberWitch!
Number One — Smashwords Formatting. I’ve finally managed to pull over all of my old Smashwords How-To posts from my real blog. It is a 5 part series (with a sixth part coming soon on the NCX/TOC). You can find it on my blog under Articles on Formatting. I’m hoping to get some other posts up too, including how to do an html TOC.
I’ve taken on several new clients in the past couple months.
- I branched into Nonfiction formatting with Pooktre and their “pamphlets” on tree shaping (which is actually a pretty neat thing).
- I did a gorgeously written erotic novel by author Kristabel Reed for all 4 platforms (Nook, Kindle, SW, and CS)
- I’ve also taken on author Larissa Hinton with her cool world of “Iwishacana”, as well as a collection of short fiction and poetry.
- Eloquent writer Mark Shainblum hired me to format his ROCKIN’ sci-fi short, “Endogamy Blues” — he was referred to me by my lovely cover artist, Stephanie Mooney. Mark is an excellent writer, and I’m looking forward to possibly working with him on my first formatting of a graphic novel/comic.
- I worked closely for several weeks with author Phyllis Lily Jules on her heartbreaking, heartwarming debut memoir, “Turning Inside Out”. Phyllis is one of the kindest, most generous ladies I’ve ever met. I admire her deeply for her bravery in the face of a hard life, and I highly recommend her book.
I don’t believe this is everyone I’ve taken on in the past few months, but I finally moved my formatting jobs OFF my computer and onto a specific USB for safe-keeping, so it’s not nearby to double-check. I’m honored to be working with such a grand group of writers!
I’ve also recently taken to what I call “fancy” formatting. I will be adding it to my list of services. “Fancy” incorporates fleurons (glyphs) at chapter headings or section breaks, as well as creating pretty title page images. I did the entire Keegan’s Chronicles series for YA author Julia Crane (ebooks and print), and I’m currently “prettifying” my own books, as well.
I am also registering CyberWitch Press as an LLC with the state of Kentucky :)
That’s all folks!